It’s an interesting time of the year. It can easily become a time of pressure, busyness and absent-mindedness in order to finish things for fear of not having done enough.
I had to do a lot of grounding and conscious breath work recently to shift some of my own anxieties and worrisome thoughts which had no real foundation to them. Funny that, as if thoughts ever have a real foundation to them!
This is a time of opportunity to let go of old ways which had us tied down or bound to something which didn’t really feel true or right for us.
For example, maybe you kept a friendship going just for the sake of old times. Or maybe you’re sticking it out at your current job because of an outdated belief: “It’s hard to find a new job at my age”.
If I could give you a powerful image right now to visualise it would be breaking free of chains which had you tied down to doing something which felt ‘loaded’ or simply out of alignment with who you are.
You can use this imagery over the next little while to help you strip those chains and start 2019 by being more present and in your power and true to your purpose. Imagery is a powerful way to help us shift our thoughts and emotions.
Or use the image below my beautiful 8 year old daughter Lara drew when she asked how she could help me while I was writing this email. I asked her to draw an image that conveyed a sense of freedom and being true to oneself. I also gave an option to write about it.
When I asked her is she wanted to write or draw she was quick to make a decision in alignment with her gifts and what comes naturally to her.
She is gifted when it comes to drawing and representing her ideas through imagery. She has rich and imaginative mind with many fluid ideas. I love the detail she put into the drawing. Notice the horse is free of any saddle, horse-shoes and reins.
It’s time to let go of old beliefs, old models, old prescriptions and old structures in order to live your life on purpose and true to your mission.
Embrace what comes naturally to you and what you love doing.
This is important to do, so long as it’s done consciously and with integrity, because it will bring more meaning to our life, fulfilment and ultimately connect us deeper to love that is within each and every one of us
So, find some time to reflect and acknowledge your real needs, desires and dreams.
If this means dropping a few things from your schedule so be it. If it means saying no to something, go for it. You have my full support!
In your quiet time you can meditate, go for a walk, or sit under a tree and drop deep into yourself as your stay present to the questions below.
You don’t need to write the answers, simply notice what meets you and acknowledge that with openness, acceptance and love:
- What has frustrated or annoyed your lately?
- What specific themes or conversations got your attention? How did they get your attention? Where you inspired or somehow upset or angered by them? If you were upset, why were you upset?
- Who specifically upset you? What was it about them that upset you?
- How do you want to do things differently to them? Why do you want to do them differently?
- Where and what do you need to let go of?
- What other people’s beliefs, models, ways of doing things, are no longer serving you?
- Are you prepared to let them go so you can be more genuine and true to who you are?
Go deep within, listen and accept what meets you. Then commit to living life according to the answers that meet you. Your truth.
Let that be your guiding compass as you navigate colourful noise of the outside world.
Do the very thing that works for you and continues to gives you energy and inspiration.
I hope you’ll also take this last opportunity to consider joining us for our next The Empowered Woman Live Retreat in Blue Mountains on 24-26th.
Why do that now?
- You’ll save $1000 of the full price. Prices increase from 1st January.
- You will give yourself the permission to be a more present, powerful and purposeful woman by committing now on making powerful changes for 2019.
- You will start momentum now by having an early 1:1 coaching session with me to get you on track and ready for the retreat.
Register now and save $1000 at www.theempoweredwomanlive.com
I look forward to welcoming you to The Empowered Woman Retreat 2019,
P.S. For a sneak peak of our last retreat watch our latest THE EMPOWERED WOMAN LIVE RETREAT VIDEO filmed and produced by the incredibly talented story-teller and photographer Kaily Koutsogiannis. I’ve loved co-creating and playing with this special woman. She captures the essence of her work with passion, love, presence and flow. WATCH VIDEO HERE.